We post all open jobs in our LinkedIn group Military-Civilian: Hot Jobs and Careers for Veterans and Their Families. If you’re a LinkedIn user, join to get updates there!
Connect with us via our social network sites:
Please forward and share with your families, colleagues, and contacts. The more people we reach, the more chances there are for someone to find a job!
Tips and Links
Hot Tip: When applying for civilian jobs, use a civilian email address
Military email addresses such @us.army.mil will not accept emails with URLs (links) in the text. You could be missing very useful information because of this, such as response from a recruiter with a company website in their signature. If you don’t have a civilian email address, take a few minutes to create a new one via Gmail.
Hot Link: THE SIGN SAYS “THANK YOU!”
Have you ever seen one of our military walking past you and wanted to convey to them your thanks, but weren’t sure how or it felt awkward? A gentleman from Seattle created a gesture which could be used, and has started a movement to get the word out.
Take just a minute to watch the Gratitude Campaign’s YouTube video, and then forward it to your friends and family–and encourage them to start using the sign!
Upcoming TECHEXPO TOP SECRET Hiring Events:
ARMA Global Virtual Hiring Event on 03/22/13
General Dynamics C4S Virtual Hiring Event – deadline 03/22/13
SEI Hiring Event on 04/11/13 – 04/12/13
TECHEXPO TOP SECRET on 04/17/13
TECHEXPO TOP SECRET on 04/18/13
For details & pre-registration visit http://www.TechExpoUSA.com
Employers: To secure a booth space contact Nancy 212-655-4505 ext 225 or email NMathew@TechExpoUSA.com
Administrative / Accounting / Business Development / Finance
Senior Acquisition Management Specialist – Aberdeen, MD
PSI Pax is currently recruiting for a Sr. Acquisition Management Specialist to support our government customer in Aberdeen, MD (Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG).
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The Senior Acquisition Management Specialist shall develop, support, update, and maintain acquisition program baseline and other acquisition documentation; provide independent assessments of technical, financial, or programmatic issues; provide advice and assistance on acquisition matters. Provide expert level acquisition policy advice and analysis, and develop and draft recommended implementing language for various acquisition policy advisories, guidance, and instructions, for the consideration of Government decision makers.
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* Expertise with operating and managing acquisition programs within the approved Department of Defense acquisition framework
* Extensive training and experience in FAR, DFARS, and acquisition regulatory change processes and procedures
* Relevant experience in drafting and editing policy documents for publication and developing and presenting related briefing materials required
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the DOD 5000 series publications and the associated Army publications for acquisition and program/project management required
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and writing skills required
* Experience in preparing briefing materials on complex acquisition topics, as well as, presenting to peers and senior officials requiredEducation Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certification in Program Management
* Experience with the Director, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) organization, functions, and processes preferred
* Knowledge of DoD Intelligence Community acquisition policy organizations, issues, and initiatives preferred
* Experience with Milestone A & B strongly desired
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a DoD government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing and credit worthiness.
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or genetic information.
PSI Pax is an E-Verify Participant.http://military-civilian.com/directory/psi-pax—sr-acquisition-management-specialist-1646.html
Mortgage Loan Processing Positions with USAA (1-4)
Share our pride. Join our mission.
Apply now! Candidates hired before 3/31/13 are eligible for a sign on bonus up to $5,000 based on qualifications and actual job level hired into.
Click on the links below to view the full descriptions:
1533 – Mortgage Loan Closing Supervisor – Addison, TX
15333 – Mortgage Loan Processing Supervisor – Addison, TX
15540 – Mortgage Loan Closing Supervisor – Phoenix, AZ
15334 – Mortgage Loan Closing Supervisor – Phoenix, AZ
15335 – Mortgage Loan Processing Supervisor- San Antonio, TX
15332 – Mortgage Loan Processing Supervisor (Junior Manager) – Tampa, FL
Program Analyst, Naval Aviation - Lexington Park/Pax River, MD
OMNITEC SolutionsThese positions provide Integrated Project Management (IPM) analysis products and support to Naval Aviation acquisition programs. Candidates with demonstrated analytical skills and extroverted personalities who like to solve problems are sought. These will be full time positions with on-site work required in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities
An active Secret clearance is required.
OMNITEC Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please go to our Jobs portal http://www.omnitecinc.com/Careers/CurrentOpenings.aspx to register, and then apply to job #12.0042, Program Analyst, Naval Aviation.
Data Analyst – Various
Various U.S. Locations: Camp Lejeune, NC, Dam Neck Annex, VA, Eglin AFB, FL, Fort Benning, GA, Fort Bragg, NC, Fort Campbell, KY, Fort Carson, CO, Hurlburt Field, FL, Joint Base Lewis, WA, San Diego, CA.
Candidates can be anywhere in the US but maybe asked to do extensive travel or possibly relocate to one of the various base locations.Looking for candidates with a military, sports or academic background.
Progressive, employee-friendly OHS is seeking a qualified Data Analyst to provide data collection and analysis for designated beneficiaries and primary care providers in a clinical setting.
The Data Analyst performs analysis on accumulated data and support functions to ensure effective support of patient care services. The duties performed by the Data Analyst will include, but are not limited to:
OHS is in an active bidding process for this position and position availability is contingent upon OHS being awarded the contract.
About the position:
IDS is seeking a highly experienced military training professional or government civilian with direct experience in military training to play a key role in an upcoming Joint Training opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a vast range of military training support experience and will have served for at least 12 years in a training capacity, will have experience with the training missions formerly carried out by US Joint Forces Command, and will have high level military education.
- Must have 12+ years of experience in military training, in the military, or as a Government Civilian with direct exposure to military training operations.
- The successful candidate must meet three (3) of the following:
- Knowledge and experience in the Intelligence system and capabilities for both the US and designated opposing force to include management, collection, processing and dissemination of intelligence.
- Knowledge and experience in Special Operations Forces (SOF) simulations requirements (e.g., civil affairs, psychological operations (Military Information Support Operations), strategic reconnaissance and direct action teams).
- Knowledge and experience in Doctrine for apportionment, allocation and employment of air combat power, air transport (intra and inter-theater), Air Land, air reconnaissance, and Air Tasking Order preparation and formatting.
- Knowledge and experience in emerging doctrine and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) associated with Counterinsurgency operations and Irregular Warfare.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Attack the Insurgent/Criminal Network training methodology.
- Knowledge and expertise in Cyberspace Operations Training.
- Must have attended ILE or Senior Service College, Army Advanced Non-Commissioned Officer Course (ANCOC) or service equivalent, or Army Sergeants’ Majors Academy (SMA) or service equivalent.
- Ability to incorporate special functions and roles, such as medical, legal, and public affairs is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in conducting operations in a simulation control cell, component control cell, intelligence control cell, MSEL/Script control cell, Neutral Force Cell and an AAR cell.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in conducting rotational training events involving Joint doctrine, combat operations, and associated equipment and staff.
- Should have demonstrated knowledge and experience in Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) techniques, deficiency resolution, the Rules and Workarounds Books appropriate to given computer models and other topics provided to response cell members.
- Should have demonstrated knowledge and experience on Joint Mission Essential Task List (JMETL), Universal Joint Training List (UJTL), and Military Training Plan (MTP).
- Should have demonstrated knowledge and experience in JECG techniques, deficiency resolution, the Rules and Workarounds Books appropriate to given computer models and other topics provided to response cell members.
About this position:
IDS is seeking a highly experienced military training professional or government civilian with direct experience in military training to play a key role in an upcoming Joint Training opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a vast range of military training support experience, expert level knowledge in joint training and Joint and Coalition Warfighting and analyzing exercise results.
- Must have military experience in training support or as a civilian government employee with direct experience in military training.
- Prior service and joint force experience with Joint and Service Doctrine, combat, combat service, combat service support, equipment, and staff procedures and continuous improvement of Department of Defense (DoD) operations.
- Knowledge and experience in Joint and Coalition Warfighting (JCW) After Action Review (AAR) products, their support data requirements and data sources.
- Education: Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or Associate’s Degree with 20+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Rules of Engagement and their interpretation from a tactical, operational and strategic perspective is preferred.
- Expert ability to enhance the readiness of Joint Force Development across a wide range of strategic, operational, joint, functional, technical, managerial, and developmental issues.
- Experience in participating in war games, Warfighting courses, operational planning, operations exercises, and developing and evaluating new ideas.
- Knowledge of the purpose, roles, and responsibilities of the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) in the successful accomplishment of a training event is preferred.
- Expert knowledge and experience to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, such as Governors, Combatant Commanders, SECDEF, and others in both civilian and military sectors.
- Highly experienced subject matter experts in areas such as science, diplomacy, international affairs, finance, law and law enforcement, medicine, military operations, civil engineering, and terrorism.
About this position:
IDS is seeking a highly experienced military training professional or government civilian with direct experience in military training to play a key role in an upcoming Joint Training opportunity. To that end, the Project and Event Supervisor would play a key role in supervising both training exercises and IDS personnel during rotations. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years professional experience in a military analyst capacity or civilian equivalent, a degree in a relevant field, project management experience, and experience with Joint and Joint Coalition Warfighting doctrine.
Must have 5 years of professional experience as a Senior Military Systems Analyst, Military Analyst, or experience at a comparable civilian organization equaling field grade rank or above.
A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in one or more of the following areas is required: management, engineering, computer science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or physical science.
Demonstrated experience in the preparation and conduct of seminars, study groups, and map events for general and senior field grade officers.
3 years knowledge and experience with joint/combined staff organization, functions, and procedures.
Experience in 3 of the following 4 areas: 1) program/project management, 2) emergency preparedness/operations, 3) emergency planning, 4) emergency training, or continuity program support.
Demonstrated experience with Service and Joint doctrine, to include combat, combat support, combat service support operations, and joint experimentation events.
Demonstrated experience in conducting instruction in both small and large group formats, as well as in the conduct of post-experimentation event effectiveness analysis and evaluations.
Demonstrated experience in the compilation and presentation, in both oral and written formats, of lessons learned and After Action Review (AAR) materials.
4. Instructor/Controller - Suffolk, VA
About this position:
IDS is seeking an experienced military training professional or government civilian with direct experience in military training to play a key role in an upcoming Joint Training opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a vast range of military training support experience, experience with the training missions formerly carried out by US Joint Forces Command, knowledge in Joint Coalition Warfighting (JCW) training and after action reporting, and knowledge of military intelligence gathering techniques.
Three (3) years of military experience in military training or as a DoD Civilian with exposure to military training is required.
The following are preferred:
Training and operational experience as a military intelligence officer/non-commissioned officer is strongly preferred.
Three (3) years of experience in the joint planning process and knowledge of Joint and Coalition Warfighting (JCW) procedures.
Demonstrated skill, experience, and knowledge to perform training in any of the following areas: fire support, information operations unit maneuver, maritime operations, air operations, amphibious operations, theater ballistic missile operations, and space warfare.
Demonstrated ability to professionally interface, produce documentation for, provide presentations and speak with authority to senior military and other DoD personnel and organizations.
Demonstrated experience in military and national level intelligence gathering techniques.
5. Senior Controller – Suffolk, VA
About this position:
IDS is seeking an experienced military training professional or government civilian with direct experience in military training to play a key role in an upcoming Joint Training opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a vast range of military training support experience, experience with the training missions formerly carried out by US Joint Forces Command, knowledge in Joint Coalition Warfighting (JCW) training and after action reporting, and experience in managing exercise response cells.
Knowledge and experience with Joint and Service doctrine, combat, combat service, combat service support, equipment, and staff procedures as well as expertise on simulation hardware, software, processes, and techniques, Government Joint after Action Review (JAAR) procedures, deficiency resolution procedures and computer models is required.
Military training experience or training support experience as a Government Civilian working directly with the military is required.
A Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree with 20+ years of experience is required.
Knowledge of the Rules of Engagement as well as the rules and procedures for simulation system Response Cell Augmentees (role playing, data entry and game entity control by role players, handling of computer generated data access rules in simulation centers, etc.).
Knowledge of the rules and procedures for simulation system Response Cell Augmentees (role playing, data entry and game entity control by role players, handling of computer generated data access rules in simulation centers, etc.). In addition, knowledge of functions of the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) group and their impact on the response cell.
Knowledge and ability to handle special functions and procedures (so called “magic moves”) such as moving a unit from one location to another instantly, effecting an arbitrary increase or decrease of unit strength or supplies or reinstating or removing a unit from the simulation is required. These special functions are detailed in the various model Users Manuals and Rules and Workarounds Books. Special functions allow direct input or direct changes of data into certain simulations without complying with the doctrinal procedures. Response cell personnel may also perform special functions during unit training and initial setup, but only when directed by the JECG during exercises.
Click here to jump to the post
We are currently seeking qualified intelligence and engineering candidates with experience in the following intelligence related disciplines:
Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Intelligence
Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Intelligence
Thermal Infrared (TIR) Intelligence
Candidate minimum requirements are: a viable active security clearance, experience in any one or more of the aforementioned intel disciplines, and military experience or a bachelor’s degree.
We have opportunities that vary from Level 1 (entry level trained, cleared with military or college) to Executive Level (PhD with more than 15 years’ experience).
V1 offers a team-oriented culture and very competitive salary / compensation packages.
V1 Analytical Solutions has immediate opportunities for Intelligence, Information Technology and other Staff Positions at NGA Headquarters in N. Virginia and at NGA facility in St. Louis, MO.
V1 is seeking qualified candidates for the following Labor Categories:
Counterintelligence (CI) Officer
Business Continuity Planner
Computer System Security Analyst
Corporate Communications Officer
Web and Multimedia Specialist
Staff Officer Support; Process Improvement Specialist
Planning, Policy & Business Analysis
Software Configuration Analyst
V1 is seeking candidates with a wide range of experience/skills, from Junior Analysts (Level 2) up through Senior Executives (Level 6).
V1 offers very competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and attractive incentive compensation (cash bonus, etc.).
If you have an ACTIVE security clearance (TS/SCI strongly preferred) and some experience in the Intelligence Community or other government agency, NGA experience are highly preferred and will be given top priority.
Please note your Labor Category of interest. V1 is a small and fast growing business with a flat organizational structure and unlimited opportunity to advance.
The required competencies of the Subject Matter Expert include, but are not limited to:
Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Ability to create, to maintain, and prepare records and reports
Able to perform tasks with minimal oversight
Ability to problem solve and work with minimal supervision
Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience:
The Subject Matter Expert should possess the following qualifications and experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field or relevant military or law enforcement experience
International experience preferred in logistics, operations, and training management
Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a civilian or Military Working Dog (MWD) handler to include a minimum of two years experience handling/training an off-leash K-9.
Graduate of the Department of Defense MWD School at Lackland AFB, Texas and DoD MWD Kennel Master Course.
Must be certified by the U.S. Bureau